Commercial Battery Storage
About Commercial Battery Storage
For many years, the dream of harnessing the sun’s energy and storing it efficiently for use day or night has been a driving force in the renewable energy industry. We at Solar Voltaics bring you cutting-edge commercial battery storage systems that revolutionise how you use solar energy.
The ability to store excess electricity generated by solar panels and use it later at your convenience is a game-changer. It not only enhances your energy self-sufficiency but also opens doors to significant cost savings. At Solar Voltaics, we’ve carefully selected two of the most advanced battery systems on the market, Tesla Powerwall 2 and GivEnergy.
About Commercial Battery Storage
Commercial battery storage is a cutting-edge technology that revolutionises the way businesses manage their energy needs. These systems work by storing excess electricity generated from renewable sources, such as solar panels, during periods of high energy production. When energy demand is high or during nighttime hours, the stored power is seamlessly released, ensuring a continuous and reliable energy supply. This not only enhances energy self-sufficiency but also allows businesses to reduce their reliance on the grid and optimise their energy costs.
Givenergy Battery Storage
Hybrid inverters are the go-to choice when installing solar panels and battery storage together. These units convert solar panel-generated DC power into AC mains power while efficiently handling battery charging and discharging. Using a single hybrid inverter streamlines system costs without compromising efficiency. For situations where a solar PV system already has an existing inverter, AC Coupled inverters come into play. Their sole purpose is to manage battery charge and discharge, making them a practical addition to your existing solar setup.
]The Tesla Powerwall utilises Tesla’s renowned automotive battery technology to provide safe and cost-effective home energy storage. With an integrated inverter, it minimises the need for external components, simplifying installation and reducing costs. Powerwall is entirely automated, requiring no maintenance. The Tesla Powerwall 2 AC is a fully integrated AC battery system designed for residential or light commercial use. Its rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack offers energy storage for various purposes, including solar self-consumption, load shifting, and backup power.
Understanding Solar Battery Storage
Your solar PV system without Battery Storage
The solar PV system on your roof will generate electricity during the day that you can use in your home. Without a means of storing that solar electricity, any surplus energy that you don’t use is ‘exported’ to the local grid. During times when the panels are no longer generating (or not generating enough for your needs), you need to buy electricity back from your electricity supplier.
Solar PV with added Battery Storage – How it Works
‘Energy storage’ lets you store the surplus solar electricity, instead of exporting it. Battery storage lets you use more of your solar PV system’s output (in the jargon, it ‘increases ‘self-consumption’). This reduces the amount of grid electricity you need to buy, saving you money on your electricity bill.
During the day:
- The solar PV system generates solar electricity.
- The solar battery storage system will check if all the generation is being used to power your lights and appliances.
- If you’re not using all the electricity that the solar PV system is generating, then the system will ensure that any surplus energy is used to charge the battery.
- Once the battery is fully charged, if there is still more solar electricity being generated, this will be exported to the grid (or in some systems, will be diverted to other uses e.g. to an immersion heater).
In the evening or at time of low solar weather:
- The solar PV panels have a reduced or zero output.
- The battery system can discharge the stored electricity, providing you with renewable-generated electricity at no additional cost.
- Once the battery is discharged, if you need to use more electricity, you buy it from your electricity supplier.