Our step-by-step guide to solar PV should help you understand what to expect from making those initial enquiries to the day we install solar PV on your home.
Book a free Solar PV home survey:
- Give us a call or send us an email and we will be able to advise you if your home is suitable for solar PV.
- One of our solar advisors will talk you through how solar could work for you and your home. We will then arrange a date and time convenient for you for a full no obligation survey at a time to suit you.
What to expect when we visit – our solar PV expert will visit your home and:
- Measure the size, pitch, angle and suitability of your roof
- Check your roof structure for condition and integrity
- Check your electrics are in order to enable connection
- Discuss suitable location for inverter and cable runs
- Assess your home to see if you will meet energy performance requirements
After your survey we will send you a detailed quotation including:
- CAD illustration showing the number and location of the panels on you roof
- Expected power generation, FIT revenue and energy saving projection
- Anticipated pay back
When you decide to proceed you will sign an order form and pay your deposit to our protected client account.
- We will arrange for an energy performance assessor to visit your property to generate an EPC certificate. Only after a Level D rating has been achieved will we proceed with the installation and arrange a suitable installation date with you.
- If there is any problem with your property not attaining a Level D certificate we can advise you on the best course of action.
Getting you generating your own electricity
- Before your installation we get your home ready, putting up scaffolding the day before we start to give us access to the roof.
- Our team of installers and electricians will arrive with everything we need to install your solar PV system.
- We attach your solar panels using a proprietary German stainless steel fixing system and then connect the panels to your internal electrics.
- When we finish we clear up ensuring we leave your home clean and tidy with your new solar PV system generating electricity for your home
Registering you system for FIT payments
After we have installed your solar PV panels we will arrange a final visit when you will:
- Receive your EPC.
- Finalise the paperwork for your Feed-in Tariff with your energy company.
- Learn how the PV system works and how to monitor energy generation.