Solar Voltaics was established in 2010 and has developed an excellent reputation as a leading commercial scale solar installation company in the UK.
Key Facts about Commercial Scale Solar Installation
- The return on investment (ROI) of installing solar energy in larger kW commercial solar projects is now better than ever.
- Solar Feed-in tariffs or FITs and the continued reduction in solar panel prices have driven the cost of commercial solar installations to historic lows.
- A commercial scale renewable system is one of the most recognisable ways to reduce your company’s electricity bills and enhance your green credentials.
- The current Government subsidy of Feed-In Tariffs that support the installation of solar energy systems is due to end in March 2019. If you act NOW then you will lock into these subsidies for the next 20 years. Although solar PV will still be financially attractive without any subsidies, it makes sence to act soon and obtain your ongoing solar grant while it’s available.
Contact us for the next steps
Our Services for Installing Commercial Solar Energy
Our experienced designers and solar installation engineers work to provide a professional service that fits around your needs as a business. Our service covers all aspects of the solar PV design, installation, testing, commissioning and maintenance. We are always happy to talk through the options with you.
We are responsive to your needs and timescales and pride ourselves on providing quality products at competitive prices. We are fully MCS accredited and have a proven track record in large scale roof top installations for commercial properties.
Installing solar PV on commercial roofs can make sound economic sense as it reduces carbon emissions and offsets the need to purchase peak time electricity from the grid. Putting unused rooftop space to good use helps to insulate companies from future electricity price rises.
Solar makes good sense for any business, educational establishment or hospital with a good size roof or available land and a long term intention to stay in their premises.
Important factors to consider – Energy usage and expected yield
The consumption profile of your building is key to the financial viability of the project. If you can provide us with a reasonable level of detail such as monthly electricity bills or half-hourly data from your electricity provider, then that is the starting point for us to do an evaluation for you. We can use this information to present meaningful data regarding the cost savings and financial payback achievable from a solar energy system.
We use industry leading solar design software PV*SOL Premium that enables us to analyse PV system sizing and yield potential. The yield is calculated by considering a number of different factors:-
- The efficiency of core components (panels & inverters)
- The orientation and inclination of the PV array
- The shading of the PV system from surrounding buildings and trees etc.
- Local historic weather data
The Business Case
A solar installation can offer a typical investment payback of between 5 & 12 years. The payback period depends on site electricity consumption and the retail price of electricity both now and anticipated in the future. If you provide us with a good estimate of your electricty useage and costs then we can overlay this with the expected output of the solar PV system to determine how much of the solar energy you are likely to use. It is the combinationof energy consumption profile and solar PV output that determines how useful a solar energy system will be to you.
PV systems require very little maintenance besides regular monitoring and replacement of inverters (5-10 years). In general, PV panels are self-cleaning unless your building is in an area that suffers from high dust levels, leaf fall etc.
The Project process – we make it simple and informative
Feasibility – This could be an initial desk-top based phase using satellite images of the building followed by a site survey and will determine the suitability of the building for solar PV.
Proposal – We present the most efficient system design and output to match your energy needs
Review – Here we can answer your questions and review options with you
Contract – Our simple agreement safeguards your price
Install – Solar installation takes place with minimal disruption to your daily business
Maintain – We can monitor and maintain your system to maximise performance
Solar PV is a reliable technology that has huge benefits for commercial enterprise. Solar panels have been proven to still be working at up to 90% efficiency after 20 years so even when the Feed in Tariff payments cease, the savings will continue on your energy costs.
Facts about Solar
Join an environmental revolution more rapid than anyone predicted: and make an excellent return on investment!
- By 2050 solar energy is predicted to be the Worlds largest single source of electricity. Wow! There is no stopping it. Even without subsidies, the low investment cost of solar means that it’s an extremely cost effective source of energy across the globe. It’s much cheaper than nuclear and even coal and gas in many locations. It’s here to stay.
- A single relatively small commercial roof installation of 30 KW will save over 26 tonnes of CO2 emissions compared to fossil fuels;
- The causal factors of global warming are much debated, but few argue that it is happening. Solar energy is now the most cost effective technology in reducing our CO2 emmissions. It is not an answer for all of our power needs, but it has a major part to play in our future mitigation of climate change.
Call Solar Voltaics
Call now to learn how little it takes to get started, and how much your business can save when your commercial solar installation is in place.
We don’t do a hard sell. You can have as much or as little information as you like and we won’t hassle you with unwanted follow-up sales calls. Most of our clients want to do their own research and due diligence and we will gladly supply any information you require regarding our trustworthiness and commercial standing.
Why choose Solar Voltaics?
We’ve been doing commercial solar projects for over seven years – that’s a long time in the solar power installation world. Here’s what we bring to the table:
Solar Voltaics is accredited under the CHAS (Construction Health and Safety) scheme. We are experienced in working on construction sites and operating to strict safety standards.
All installations are carried out to the standards laid down by the Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS). We are regularly audited by NAPIT to confirm that our workmanship standards are up to the required quality levels.
At Solar Voltaics we prefer not to sub-contract to other companies. We stand by the quality and professionalism of our installations, because we manage them all with our own professionally trained staff.
We are more than happy to put you in touch with previous clients who can vouch for how we performed for them. We understand that this is good commercial practice and we have plenty of clients that we can refer you to, including public sector, private companies and institutions.